Role: Senior Legal Counsel, Financial Markets Click to read more
Client: Multinational Banking and Financial Services Company in the UAE
- The approach taken for this role was a retained search, involving:
- Market mapping of international derivatives Lawyers from the UK, Hong Kong and Singapore markets
- Extensive search of Michael Page’s international database of over 3.5 million qualified candidates focusing on key UK and Asian cities
- Social media campaign
- International branded advertising Key selection criteria:
- Internationally qualified in common law jurisdiction
- 6-10 years' experience as a Banking Lawyer
- Financial markets experience
- Experience dealing with structured products and credit derivatives
The process took 10 weeks from brief to offer acceptance. The candidate selected came directly from a multinational bank in London as their Director for Structuring. Highly experienced across OTC Derivatives, Project and Asset Finance, Securitisation etc. During his Private Practice career, he spent 3 years at a tier 1 UK Law firm in their Capital Markets practice. The candidate had no prior Middle East experience and has immersed himself well within the business and the region.
Role: Legal Director, Project Finance Click to read more
Client: Fully Integrated Infrastructure Projects and Services
The approach taken for this role was a retained search and this involved:
- Market mapping of Project Finance Lawyers with GCC infrastructure experience
- Extensive search of Michael Page’s Middle East Legal database of over 3,000 qualified and vetted candidates.
Key selection criteria:
- 10 years’ working experience and knowledge of infrastructure projects
- Experience within the GCC region
- High calibre candidate who could hit the ground running in a complicated environment
- UK qualified, with strong academic record
The successful candidate was a UK qualified lawyer who had 15 years of Project Finance practice experience from a magic circle law firm and was on a 3-year secondment at a construction company in the UAE. He worked on several major commercial and PPP projects in the property and renewable energy space. He had an excellent grasp on how business was conducted in the region.