You are here
How to conduct an interview
You’ve been through your CVs, made your shortlist based on skills and experience and now it’s time to interview. Just as a candidate must prepare carefully for an interview, so must the interviewer. Be sure to read the candidate's CV thoroughly, make notes of any gaps or anomalies and any additional questions you may wish to ask.
Offer the candidate a drink and start the interview with some preliminary chat to relax the individual. Just as their body language is important, so is yours. Appear keen and interested. Maintaining good eye contact will show that you are sincere while helping to establish a relationship with the candidate. Remember that candidates from outside the UAE will have plenty of questions to ask regarding package, cost of living, working hours and practices, visa process and so on.
Asking the right questions
Some questions you might consider:
- Why do you want to work in the UAE?
- What made you apply for this job?
- What interests you about the job?
- What do you know about the company?
- What can you bring to the company?
- Is there anything I haven't told you about the job or company?
- What do you see as your weakest area?
- Where would you like to be in 5 years time?
- What’s your family situation, and what do they think about such a move ?